Category : END OF WWI
Russian RevolutionRussian had over 8 million casualties during the war, which caused a huge decrease on population of Russian.
- Although women were also put to work in factories, Russian was unable to produce enough weapons for the War since most of the soldiers were put into the war.
- The rule of Russian, Czar Nicolas II relied too much on his wife Alexandra that he rarely made his own decisions.
- The Russian people were fractious, dissatisfied and eager for change (worldwar1, com).
- March Revolution
- Women have worked to much to produce staffs for the war that they didn’t get time to rest so they were very dissatisfied with that.
- About 10000 women in the worker class met in the city of Petro demanding peace and bread and as more people were joining there was a serious situation that nobody was working in the factories to produce weapons for the war (Spielvogel, Glencoe World History).
- The legislative government Duma eventually urged Czar Nicolas II to step down and formed the provisional government. However most people were dissatisfied with the new government and they were supporting the soviets council, which was composed by mainly workers.
- Later, the Bolsheviks under V. I. Lenin’s control stood out. Because they promised citizens that they would provide them peace, land and bread, the Russian people were content with this government so Bolsheviks successfully gained supports from Russian people.
- Lenin took over the government and get Russia out of the WWI. The Russian government changed to communist.