Category : During WWI
- There were lots of new weaponries invented because of militarism that all the nations wanted to improve their weapons and technology in order to strengthen themselves. However, although they have invented new technologies, armies were still using the old tactics.
- The first new technology was the poison gas. One kind of the poison gas was the mustard gas (chlorine gas) which would cause soldier to be blind (org). If soldiers became blind during the war, it would definitely be beneficial for the other side. However, since they were using the old tactics, nations found out that when they were using the poison gas, both sides of the soldiers would be poisoned including themselves so later they have invented gas mask for poison gas.
- More advanced guns (automatic guns) were also invented which directly caused more casualties.
- Planes were used for battles. At the beginning planes were only used to spot enemies but later started with Germany’s airship zeppelins, airplanes were also put into battles to fighting.
- Tanks and submarines were also used into the war. Especially the submarines, for naval race and the unrestricted submarine warfare, submarines played important role.