Category : During WWI
- Because Germany didn’t have a lot of soldier as other European countries have, Germany decided to have a short-term war. Schlieffen gave his opinion of the short-term war.
- Focus military power on the western front to defeat Paris through Belgium then surround most of the French army in 6 months.
- Leave some power on the eastern border of German to keep Russia at bay and prevent Russia to help France before they surround French army.
- After successfully defeated France, shift the major military power to attack Russia
- However his plan failed. Reasons why his plan failed.
- Because French military leaders loaded two thousand more fresh troops to the French border Marne then Germany couldn’t quickly defeat French but turned into a stalemate with France. During the stalemate between French and Germany, soldiers stayed in the trenches in the ground in order to hide themselves because if they showed up, they would be immediately shot (killed).
- When Germany was attacking Belgium as a way to get into France, Belgium didn’t surrender and they fight for pretty long time, which wasted Germany soldiers and provide French time to prepare for German’s invasion.